Okay so today ive installed the new Windows Serivce Pack 3 and then after reboot i noticed i do not have internet workng and i see such errors:
The procedure entry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
The solution is hopefully preety easy but not easy to find on forums because people write there a lot of not usefull things. Of course Glowicki blogging tips gives best and easiest solution as usual so Yopur D-link adapter will work properly under Windows.
1. It doesnt matter which D-link adapter You use. Dont waste time seeking for new drivers either.
2. Download this file which is pre SP3 driver compatible with all D-Link versions. It is a wlanapi.dll wlanapi.dll to fix Service Pack 3 D-Link problems
3. Go to directory of system32 in Windows and check version of wlanpi.dll now open in it notepad and modify this lines:
%&()XM)@var WIndows…. naa just kidding.. solution is way easier. It is just funny to read what people write on this forums. I even saw solutions of uninstalling whole Windows Serivce Pack 3. Anyways skip this point.
4. Copy the downloaded of Glowicki Problogger site wlan.dll to this folders:
– ProgramFiles\D-Link\AirPlus G
5. Restart computer and enjoy internet like before.
If i helped anyone would be nice if You holla in comments as usual!
Originally posted 2008-11-13 13:23:17.