Okay so everybody saw lately Google Chrome which is preety damn fast internet browser. Interesting why did they manage to make their own browser while they pay 70% of Firefox revenue to be on their bar right? Of coursde they just want to gather more info about you 😉 Thats the theory of google working with FBI. Either way, lets speed up mozilla firefox a bit!
Stuff shown here is simple to be made and will really make the browser work better and faster .
For starters lets stop Firefox from eating so much RAM! This may preven loose of your data so you wont need files recovery. Click Here to get Registry Toolkit – Registry Cleaner Tool. Increase Computer Speed And Stability By Removing Corrupted Registry Files With Registry Toolkit .
Anyways lets get back to business.
Tak off the amount of RAM Firefox uses for its cache:
1. Type in browser window about:config
2. Find – browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewer
3. Set the value to 0
Reduce RAM usage to around 10MB when Firefox is minimized [i bet this kills your memory sometimes with many tabs open!]:
1. Open Firefox and go to the Address Bar. Type about:config and then press Enter.
2. Right Click in the page and select New -> Boolean.
3. In the box that pops up enter config.trim_on_minimize. Enter.
4. Select True
5. Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Increase the Speed at Which Firefox loads pages
1. Type about:config into the address bar and hit Enter.
(Normally the browser will make 1 request to a web page at a time which is wack. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.)
2. Alter the entries as follows:
Set network.http.pipelining to true
Set network.http.proxy.pipelining to true
Set network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to some number like 12.
This means it will make 12 requests at once.
3. Lastly, right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it nglayout.initialpaint.delay and set its value to 0
And that is how we speed up newest version of Mozilla Firefox 3.0.8 and all other versions.
Originally posted 2009-03-30 19:04:29.